Hi, my name is Adam and I currently live in Warwickshire, England, where I indulge a serious interest in vinyl records and feel the occasional strange need to write about them.
A few random musical facts about me
- The first single I ever bought was ‘The Heat Is On’ by Glen Frey in 1984.
- The first album I ever bought was the Ghostbusters soundtrack, also in 1984.
- The first band I ever went to see live was the soft-rock powerhouse that is T’Pau at the NEC, Birmingham, in 1988.
- One of the best days out I ever had was when I skipped Literature class to go, with my mate Taz, to see Morrissey sign copies of ‘Vauxhall and I’ at HMV Oxford Street in 1994, even though I didn’t even get to the front of the queue.
- I now live ten minutes from Tanworth-in-Arden where Nick Drake lived and is buried.
- I used to do very well at a music quiz at the Cat and Wheel pub in Bristol every week, where I would often win the top prize of six pints of Moles Tap bitter, with just one other person on my team.
- I once knew the guitarist out of the indie band Artbrut.
- The next gig I have scheduled is The Pretenders at Symphony Hall, Birmingham.